Since 2007, Jay Harper and Mindlit Media has been collecting, scanning and digitizing historical images, films, documents, advertisements, books and other items of local historical interest having in mind preservation, organizaton and in presenting easily accessible, easy to share, free online exhibits.
Through a growing number of outlets this effort has made available thousands of images, hundreds of documents and many hours of video for perusal and sharing. In addition to the our main outlet, MassHistory.com, where there are currently (March 2013) over 100 online exhibits, Mindlit has created and participates actively in local history web communities for several Massachusetts & New England regions on Facebook and operates a channel on YouTube for Wareham, Massachusetts (see box below).
*****Highlighted Exhibits at MassHistory.com
- A 4 Part Series on George E, Keith’s Walk-Over Shoe Company in Brockton, Mass.
- Joseph Jefferson and Crow’s Nest – Buzzard’s Bay
- Main Street, Hyannis
- Gray Gables – Summer Home of President Grover Cleveland
- Plymouth Rock – Canopy & Portico
- Salem – Post Card Tour of the House of Seven Gables
- National Monument to the Forefathers – Plymouth
- Brockton History by Matchbooks
- DC Keyes Postcard Collection
- Wickets Island – Onset
- An 8 Part Series of Mass. Town & City PO Cancel Stamps
- Ned’s Point – Mattapoisett
- Building Colony Place – Plymouth